2014年8月26日 星期二

Satellite P755-11G: Win 7 64bit - Cannot enable BT after module replacement

Hi

On my Satellite P755 laptop, I had to replace the Wifi/Bluetooth PCI Express Mini card because the original Atheros was broken and did not work anymore. 

So I decided to buy a new Intel® Dualband-Wireless-AC 7260 card to replace it. 
The replacement by itself was successful. 
WiFi is now working again. 

Now I am dealing to get BT running. With the old Atheros card I could switch on BT by pressing FN + F8 and choose Bluetooth on the flash card menu on top of the screen. 

After the replacement the complete F8 option in the flash cards was gone.
I managed to fix this for WiFi by adding the new hardware ID of the Intel card (PCI\VEN_8086&DEV_08B1&SUBSYS_40708086) into the registry at the following locations: 

HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\TOSHIBA\ConfigFree --> InternalDevice176
HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\TOSHIBA\Wireless Hotkey --> DevID_SupportRL175
HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\TOSHIBA\WirelessAPL\BTWLANDP --> DevID_SupportRL176
HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\TOSHIBA\WirelessDeviceID --> DevID_SupportRL176

Now, FN + F8 works fine for WiFi, the flash cards menu appeared again. 
But there is still no option to activate Bluetooth. 

Adding the BT hardware ID into the registry (same places as WiFI) does not help. 
I can not get the point how the flash cards software manages to activate bluetooth normally. 

Does anyone have an idea what to do to get Bluetooth into the flash cards menu? 

My system: 
Toshiba P755-11G
Windows 7 64Bit

Cheers, 
Alex

沒有留言:

張貼留言